The cryptocurrency community is surprised seeing Coinbase display Maker, OX, Basic Attention Token on its newly converted Toshi Wallet.
Not long, Coinbase announced it’s exploring some assets and may soon list them on its exchange.
Among these coins were Cardano (ADA), Basic Attention Token (BAT), Stellar Lumens (XLM), Zcash (ZEC) and 0x (ZRX). However, Coinbase did not state if it will definitely list this asset. Also. Maker is said to be explored by Coinbase Custody, but not Coinbase exchange.
Displaying these three coins on Coinbase wallet does not denote the Coinbase exchange will list any of them anytime soon.
Few days ago, Coinbase announced it is converting Toshi wallet to Coinbase Wallet. The exchange said that Toshi’s now Coinbase Wallet.
According to a release by Coinbase, “Toshi was developed by the Coinbase team a little over a year ago.”
“When the product launched, it featured the world’s first mobile dapp browser. Later, we became the first wallet to launch crypto collectibles. Our goal was to make managing crypto and accessing the decentralized web as easy as downloading an app on your mobile phone. And as part of our effort to be the most trusted brand in the space, we also set out to provide best-in-class secure storage. With Coinbase Wallet, your private keys are secured using your device’s Secure Enclave and biometric authentication technology.”
According to the release, with Coinbase wallet, it is easy for users to:
- Manage ETH and all your ERC-20 tokens (very soon we’ll be supporting BTC, BCH and LTC).
- Receive airdrops and ICO tokens.
- Buy and store crypto collectibles — non-fungible tokens that are unique — and use them in games, or trade them on marketplaces.
- Send payments to anyone anywhere, without geographical borders or fees.
- Access leading decentralized exchanges and relayers to buy and sell tokens.
- Explore the full universe of third party dapps that enable everything from taking out a loan or lending to others on the blockchain to earning crypto by answering questions, performing services, or completing tasks.
Every cryptocurrency related idea is seeking expansion, this has been the case of Coinbase and many other prominent crypto exchanges.